(973) 284-1083    info@espositoinsurance.com

Home Insurance Policy Coverage for Unmarried Cohabitants

Home Insurance Policy Coverage

Does a homeowner’s, condo, or tenant policy cover people living in the same household if they are not related?

Generally, no. Under most circumstances the cohabitants each should have their own tenant condo or home insurance unless they are in a domestic partnership and the insuring company allows them to have a joint policy.

Without a domestic partnership, this is no different a situation than if two people out of college elect to be roommates – two sets of policies are required.

Leave a Comment